The storyline of the Assassin’s Creed series has always been a sprawling one that spans thousands of years and dozens of characters, and Assassin’s Creed Valhalla further complicates the plot with the inclusion of its Vikings. Players are given further insight into the ongoing war between the Assassins and the Templars, but this go-round we are able to see what was going on in the later 800s in England.
While the plot of Assassin’s Creed can be fairly complicated, typically by the end of each game players have seen the entire story play out. This isn’t the case with Assassin’s Creed Valhalla though, as most players may not realize that the game features a secret ending. This ending can only be accessed by meeting a few specific conditions, and it can reveal some interesting tidbits about Eivor’s full story. This guide shows players how to access the secret ending.
In order to unlock the secret ending of Assassin’s Creed Valhalla players will need to complete all ten of the Animus Anomaly puzzles throughout the game. These puzzles aren’t particularly difficult, but players will need to control a light beam in order to create platforms that can be parkoured across. Once each of these puzzles has been completed the player can then complete the final mission of the game to see the secret ending.
Here are each of the Animus Anomaly locations:
- Anomaly #1- The first anomaly is located in Hordafylke, Norway. Players will find it in the north-west corner of the map, and it is the only one that is actually in Norway. All other Anomalies will be located in England
- Anomaly #2- Once in England players will need to travel to Needham Lake in East Anglia. Players will find it directly east of Edmund’s Hope on the bank of the river.
- Anomaly #3- The third Anomaly will be found at Ledecestrescire in the region of Ravenothorpe. The best way to get here is to travel southwest from Ragnarsson Lookout.
- Anomaly #4- The fourth is located at Snotinghamscire, and players will find it on the nearby hill.
- Anomaly #5- On the southern border of Sciropescire players will find the fifth anomaly at a location called Quartzite Ridge.
- Anomaly #6- This one players will find at the island region Isle of Wiht. Players will be able to find the anomaly on the far eastern portion of the island.
- Anomaly #7- In Lincolnscire players will be able to track down this Anomaly on top of a wooden platform in the Basilica Ruins.
- Anomaly #8- The eighth Anomaly will be found in Northumbria at Thornburg Henges.
- Anomaly #9- In Oxenfordscire players will need to go to the lake here and travel east to the Aqueduct to find the Anomaly.
- Anomaly #10- In the most southern portion of England players will be able to find the last Anomaly at the Southern Sisters.
Assassin’s Creed Valhalla can be played on Xbox One, PlayStation 4, PC, Xbox Series X, and PlayStation 5.