Toward the end of its run, the X-Men franchise attempted to bring a more “microbudget” approach to the comic book genre in contrast to all of the big blockbusters – and The New Mutants is most definitely and very clearly a part of that program. Save for the opening sequence and a waking nightmare experienced by Charlie Heaton’s Sam Guthrie, the movie takes place in and around a single location, and the biggest number of characters featured in any given scene is six. It’s something that is very much part of the experience watching the film, as it definitely feels inexpensive, but for what it’s worth, there is some cool CGI magic whipped up in the form of the villainous Demon Bear.
- Guardians’ Dave Bautista Gets Honest About Future As Drax In The MCU
- Mark Wahlberg Revealed How He Gained 20 Lbs In 3 Weeks And Now I’ve Lost My Appetite
- Westworld Creators Have A Wild New Horror Show Heading To Streaming
- Olivia Rodrigo Slams Critics Of Her Songs About Young Love: What Do You Want Me To Write About?
- Britney Spears’ BF Sam Asghari Spotted Running Solo Shirtless Along The Beach In Maui: See Pic