Toward the end of its run, the X-Men franchise attempted to bring a more “microbudget” approach to the comic book genre in contrast to all of the big blockbusters – and The New Mutants is most definitely and very clearly a part of that program. Save for the opening sequence and a waking nightmare experienced by Charlie Heaton’s Sam Guthrie, the movie takes place in and around a single location, and the biggest number of characters featured in any given scene is six. It’s something that is very much part of the experience watching the film, as it definitely feels inexpensive, but for what it’s worth, there is some cool CGI magic whipped up in the form of the villainous Demon Bear.
- Did Daniel Craig’s James Bond Copy The Bourne Identity? Doug Liman Talks Legacy Of His Matt Damon Film
- Shang-Chi Star Simu Liu Is Talking Trash About Beating Up The Avengers
- Evan Peters to Return as Quicksilver in WandaVision?
- ‘Breaking Bad’ Cast: Where Are They Now? — Updates On Bryan Cranston, Aaron Paul & More
- Get Fit In The New Year With This Full Portable Home Gym That Is On Sale For Under $130